Followers

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Nap Time

We spent another fun day exploring the town. We went to JAX beach and walked on the pier and watched some people fish. Carley got to pet a live starfish, but we decided to throw him back because of the starfish story. You know that one don't you? We also visited some of the fun shops in the beach area.
Caroline loves the new double stroller. She sits up front every time and flaps her feet and claps her hands in the wind. It is too precious for words. Last weekends' adventure we went to St. Augustine and strolled both girls around the town, went out for lunch and got ice cream. Carley even rode the merry- go- round twice.
Then it is always the dreaded nap time. We try the whole ritual baths, pj's - it does not work. I think Carley is about to quit taking naps. It is a never ending battle. So she says to me:
I see a lot of stuffed animals in my room. We should give some away to some other children or maybe our neighbors. Maybe we should give Caroline's clothes away...........
I say, "Carley that is not nice."
She responds, "I am just telling a joke."
I have a great idea!!!! Let's give some of these stuffed animals away. Now let's spell sheep - S_H_E_E_P!!!! Anything to skip a nap!!!!!
meanwhile Caroline angelically sleeps in her room.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So, why does Carley suggest giving the stuffed animals away...did you teach her about giving to people who don't have much? And WHAT made her want to give Caroine's clothes away? She is too much! Does she spell now? Man I wish we lived closer! Have fun at Mom and Dad's...Kiss the girls for me!