Followers

Monday, July 28, 2008

Sweet Sounds

We are changing PT this week. We finish our therapy at Wolfson on Wed. and will go to Brooks Therapy on Thursday for our evaluation. Early Steps is finally will be picking up the PT and Speech therapy too! Caroline has her speech evaluation tomorrow. So the good news is we are adding speech therapy and it will be in home. I will have to drive to PT, but it will all be covered by Early Intervention now. Speech therapy comes at a perfect time. Caroline has really started to babble in the past week and I starting to eat table foods. She show an interest in all food and likes everything we have tried. She is still working on self feeding things slip right out of her small fingers before they pass her lips, but she is a trooper!!! So I babble back to her and all day she has been rambling, but finally is saying Da---da----da---da!!! I grabbed the camera just to see if she would repeat me and she did!!! So Cameron got to hear it via video after work tonight.! This is a huge personal praise to me. I am convinced she will talk though it will not be on my time table no matter how hard I try and work. I wish you all could see the warm smile she gives, and her happy countenance when she is babbling and playing patty cake!!!! I am impatient and want Caroline to get everything she needs, but it has taken almost 90 days to get Early Steps to pick us up. We have also been batteling insurance coverages since our move. Every claim that is filed for milk, pump bags and surgery have been rejected. We are still waiting for final bills from doctors and ENT surgery. It should all be straightened out soon. Cameron calls once a week. God is faithful and continues to supply all of our needs even in the midst of frustration.

3 comments:

thejae said...

Wow, what a stretch of road you are walking right now! Bsides the added load of PT and special intervention our children need...that is hard enough on our mommy persons...but the red tape is enough to drive one batty! You begin to think...God, I know your grace is supposed to be sufficient...but, um...I could use a Bucket Load about now!?...aaany time, Dear Lord...I'm waaaitingggg....[cough], paaaa-tiently..... Seriously...I'm right here...

You ever have one of those conversations with God? You think you've been forgotten in the grand scheme of things, and are over in your corner waving your arms up at heaven, trying to get God's attention, needing an answer to prayer, like 3 days ago, and you're over your limit when it comes to patience, and grace is as delayed as Jesus was to Lazarus' house?

In the midst of the trauma of red tape, it sure is hard to remember that God's power was revealed at Lazarus' tomb, and that because of the delay, greater miracles ultimately happened. That is surely hard to see in the midst of the storm.

You've been ar real trooper, Kim, and you've done well. I hope you know that.

I love you, Sweetie. Call me if you need to. I'll email you my cell #. Love, Julie

kristin said...

Post your video on the blog for all of us to enjy! And we need new pictures, too...we want to see that sweet smile :)

Kelly said...

Make sure you post or call me about the speech evaluation! So exciting!

Love,
Kelly