Followers

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Blessed

This week I was able to attend a ceremony for a special needs school - Lake Hills. My dad - Frank Rebecky was instrumental in overseeing and implementing the entire building project. My my dad spent 10-12 hours a day for 15 months in Lake County, Florida. We never knew the impact of a this particular job would personally touch our family. Although Caroline may never attend this particular school it was an amazing project. I am proud of my dad! It gives each of us a deeper understanding for people, their lives, their children, their futures and their daily struggles. It keeps the focus off of ourselves and how truly special these kids' lives are and will continue to be. It is not a coincidence that Caroline was placed in our lives during my dad's building project. Caroline arrived 13 months ago and this project was started well before her arrival. I met the principals and some families along with their special needs children on Thursday morning. It was amazing to hear God's name mentioned not once or twice in this public school setting. His name was lifted up several times. The school board members had tears in their eyes as well as many public elected officials in that community. This may never make headline news, but it should. One lady spoke of how this place is like a sanctuary for these children to come and be taught at their level in a safe environment. Another man spoke about how eternity is the same for you and me as it will be for these children and how they are made in God's image. It was powerful and probably the best church service to many there who may have never heard Christ's love. This building will house 150 students this school year. The staff are truly dedicated to the cause of helping children and their families. I was able to met another family with a son who has special needs. he also has a mickey button. This family was able to answer my question and need for Caroline needing a mickey button placed by me or surgeons. She said it is not a law and you can still replace it yourself. She told me even my pediatrician can prescribe one. This was a personal answer to prayer and very helpful for me. I was able to talk to them about God and exchange e-mail addresses. God is Amazing!!!! He knows no distance!!!!

1 comment:

Jenn Jensen said...

Kim,

I laugh when I read of all your adventures. You and Cameron wear me out -- and I'm half-way across the country! The girls seem to love the activity as much as you two, though. They are their daddy's daughters! (No denying that when you see Carley!)

I'm glad the Lord continues to weave these threads of blessing into your life, Kim. This school sounds great, and I know you are proud to have your dad be a part of it. When the time comes, I know He will provide the perfect program for little Caroline.

Speaking of "little" Caroline, I know she is very tiny, but she looks all grown up in the family photo. What a great shot of y'all with Jennifer's family.

You are often in my thoughts and prayers,
Jenn