Followers

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A day in the life of a stay at home "DAD"

As you can see from the previous post Kim's grandpa in New Jersey passed away. So Kim and I had a tough decision to make. It was what are we going to do with the kids. Since the weather was really bad in NJ and it was a long distance to travel Kim and I decided that I would stay at home with the kids and she would fly to the funeral.
I was excited to have the girls for the week by myself.

This was the first time that I have had them during the week to myself.

Day One Recap!

7:30 am awake to Carley saying she was hungry for a pop tart and ready for me to get up. I work up and got her ready for school.

I drove Carley to school and then when I got home Kim and her Mother were ready for the airport.

10AM Caroline and I drove them to the airport.

11AM Caroline and I made a detour on our trip for a stop at Gander Mountain Outdoor Store.
She loves that store....

Then its off to pick Carley up from School.

I picked Carley up from school and then we went to the post office. The ladies in the post office were very friendly and made every accommodation possible for me with two kids at the post office. I guess they are not used to seeing a dad with his kids during the week so they felt sorry for me...

Then it was off to home for NAPS. Kim warned me that NAPS would be a problem. Caroline was tired and went right to bed. Now Carley on the other hands. She was wired up and did not want to take a NAP. So we read two books and I stayed in her room until "I" fell asleep. I was quickly awaken to a 4 year old putting her fingers in my eyes and playing with my lips.
I realized that that was not going to work. So I got out of the bed and delivered an ultimatum for Carley to go to sleep.

2:45 to 4:45 was my only free time all day. I did house keeping and tried to figure out what I was going to do for dinner.
I decided I would make something easy because this was just my first day. So I made the girls stuffed pasta shells with garlic bread. I could not think of any side items to go with this so I decided to peel some oranges to make as a side item.
I am not sure that goes together but who cares they ate it...

4:45 The girls woke up from their naps and wanted dinner. I had already started cooking dinner and let them watch Clifford for a few minutes while I put the finishing touches on dinner.

The dinner was going to take another 30 minutes so I quickly gave both of them baths, and back to the den to wait for dinner.

We had a wonderful family dinner and everyone ate their share.

After dinner Dustin and Sarah and my Aunt Blanche stopped by. So they visited with me for a while and when they left it was time for bed.

I finally got both girls in bed and now it was time to clean the house.

I spend the next 30 minutes cleaning the den and kitchen.

I guess I have taken it for granted how much Kim does around the house. I can't believe how much work it is to be a stay at home mom. I really appreciate Kim and all that she does for our family. I am exhausted and it is now 12 midnight and I am ready for bed. My day has finally ended.
How do stay at home moms work out, visit with friends, or have any time to do anything they want to do....

To all the stay at home moms out there. God bless the stay at home mom!!!!!!!!
That is harder than any office job in the world.

I am looking forward to tomorrow. DAY #2
More adventures in store I am sure......
Cameron

No comments: