Followers

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Day #4 Feels like 40

HAPPY Thursday!!




Well today is the 4th and final day that I will be staying at home with the girls.



Kim gave me a schedule and on the to of the Thursday schedule it said "Good Luck" this is going to be your toughest day yet.

And that it is....

The morning started out great. Pop Tart wake up call at 6:58AM from Carley, followed by the announcement over the monitor from Caroline "My Momma" at 7:05AM.

I went ahead and got out of the bed to begin my day because I realized if I did not get in the shower then there may be no chance for the rest of the day.

After breakfast and a few morning cartoons I got everyone dressed to begin our day.

Angela invited Carley over to play with her daughter Grace this morning while I took Caroline to therapy.
So I drove Carley to Grace's house and dropped her off for a two hour play date. (that is such the stay at home mom phrase: "Play date")

Caroline and I then went to Physical Therapy. I was instructed by Kim to go to the therapy office and sit in the waiting room and someone would come and get us. That is exactly what the instructions on the sheet said. So that's what I did.
I was somewhat embarrassed by the pleasant lady who sat beside me in the waiting room. She leaned over to me and said you may want to take the tags off your children's clothes before they wear them. Not having any idea what she was talking about, I lifted up Caroline's arm and there on the sleeve was a brand name sticker and that plastic wire that holds the tag on the clothes. She help me undo the tags and then said its OK I am sure it happens all the time.

That was her way of saying Dad next time look at the clothes your placing on your child so you don't look stupid in public again.
After waiting about 15 minutes in the waiting room I realized that everyone was getting called back for their therapy appointments except me and Caroline.

I then walked up to the window and the ladies at the counter said oh Hi Caroline, not even acknowledging that I was in existence. I then asked if I was supposed to sign in or something because no one had called our name. So she said yes your supposed to sign in but usually when we see Kim we go ahead and call her therapist and she comes back. Next time I will know to go to the window and allow Caroline to greet the nice ladies there and well get called back right away.
Therapy was a little rough today. Caroline cried almost the entire time. All she kept saying was DADDA, DADDA. When the therapist would hold her she cried big alligator tears and she would then hand her back to me and she would smile and say DADDA.

After therapy we were off to pick up Carley from Mrs. Angela.

We then made a few quick stops at the post office, the bank, oh and Wendy's because Carley and I wanted a frosty.

You can make those impulse type stops when your in charge....

We soon arrived home for Caroline to eat her lunch and down for a nap she goes.

Now Carley had no interest in a nap today I guess because there is so much going on. Its OK I guess because we have to leave for dance around 3:30 and we started the nap attempts at 2:15pm.
I let Carley play in the back yard and sand box for a while because she need to work off some of that energy.
See the below picture of Carley playing in the sand box and notice the nice kitchen silverware in the top of the picture. I asked Carley where she got those from and she said the kitchen drawer.

You have got to be kidding me, she was playing with our nice silverware in the sand box. If mommy saw that she would have a fit.....











Its now 2:45 and this is the first time I have had all day to sit down all day. I have to go now its time to pack the dinner bag, dance bag, unload the garbage from the car, and re-load for round #2.

3 comments:

kristin said...

Cam, I'm loving your commentary. Thanks for the laughs!

Regan Family said...

Cameron
This is hilarious. I made Chris come right away and read it! SAHMs unite! (Stay At Home Mom :))

Glad you all are doing so well.

Melissa

Kelly said...

Hilarious!