Followers

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Happy days

Caroline has been introduced to Baby Einstein and loves the Little Language Nursery video. We limit tv watching to this short video. Some people do not agree with infants watching tv, but she is bored and is on her back 12-18 hours a day due to monitors and feeding pump attachments. She smile and laughs and is also practicing eye tracking with these videos.
Caroline weighs 7.4 today - yeah!!! We have three dr appt next week, Mon., Tues., and Wed.
My days are not my own they are filled with counting cc's and dr appts and now in home visits too. We are home alot! They are also filled with playing with Caroline watching her smile and laugh and gain physical strength. Carley and I read books every day before nap, play with stickers and finger paint and give bubble baths. God continues to answer prayer. Keep sending your requests before His throne of grace. I seriously have though about changing her middle name on her birth certificate to GRACE. His grace is sufficient for me.
I have had a burden and insight about Caroline's vaccines. I have just begun to research and I feel without a full diagnosis and a healthy brain I am going to opt out of some of Caroline's vaccines. Be in prayer for my wisdom discernment and that the dr will not give me a hard time.
She has had 4 shots and is scheduled for 4 more in two weeks. However, I am going to be picky and choosy right now. So we will not be getting 4, may be 2 next time. Just pray Cameron and I will make the wisest decisions possible for Carolina's future development. We have no indication of future speech development whether that will be delayed or on target. We do have a healthy brain and healthy social interactions - I want to do all we can to protect and preserve that.

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Kim~

This is all wonderful news! Glory & praise be to God! It is so exciting to hear that Caroline is growing steadily and that she has an active, healthy brain! I remember Jack loving to watch the Baby Einstein videos as a baby & how happy & excited he would get in the bouncer. Kicking & smiling & bouncing...totally interacting & not "zoned out". I think like you said, short amounts of time is the key so as not to overstimulate...
We will continue to lift you all in our prayers!
Love~
Melanie et al

Kelly said...

I love seeing new posts on Caroline's site. I want pictures! I can't wait for you all to be here for Thanksgiving!!! I wish I could come visit more frequently...I would rather be spending my time with my nieces than other people's children all day long! I was telling some of my teacher friends today of Caroline's weight gain! Yay!
Give her our love!
Aunt Kelly and Uncle Matt

Peggy Cerny said...

Hello all,
Good news keeps coming. I'm glad about Caroline's weight gain and ecstatic about her brain MRI. And it's great that she is letting you know she wants more via her bottle. Everything will be easier to accomplish with her active responsive, normal brain. You will settle into what is routine for you and I'm sure everybody will do fine. I wish we could see you, but know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Baby Einstein is great and will keep Caroline's brain stimulated. Cam, we will see your parents this weekend and are looking forward to that. Keep the faith. Much love.
Peggy Cerny

Courtney said...

Kim, you're still my hero. I'm so proud of you and for the wonderful Mom that you are to those two girls.

We'll pray for that discernment and wisdom. I really believe that God will hear and answer...it's probably scary and wonderful at the same time the way He is drawing you to Himself for complete dependence and security.

Love and miss you guys!

Amanda said...

Hey Kim! I wish I could come and help you with the girls...Maybe when we have some time off from school her soon. Hope all is well. All of you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Jenn Jensen said...

Lots of joy in hearing the wonderful reports on Caroline! It sounds like she may give Jake Cooper a run for his money. Continuing to pray for you as a family. This is so much more difficult on all of you than it is on sweet Caroline. Love you all,
Jenn

Jenn Jensen said...

Okay, I need a current phone number and email for you guys. All I have is an outdated cell number for Kim. Give me a shout or drop a line. Thanks!
jjensen@tx.rr.com