Followers

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Going Home Soon

Caroline and I will be coming home mid morning on Monday. I have a lot do today and tomorrow. I will have to learn how to use a feeding pump and a sleeping monitor and a CPR video. I also think the GI doctor will look at her on Mon and check her tube. She is sleeping so good and has maintained her O2 levels. We will not have to take oxygen home now! Praise the Lord. We will come back in Jan for a part two surgery on her gtube. Right now it is rather a large tube for such a small baby. In Jan we will get a much shorter tube and a mickey button. Please pray Caroline will gain weight before we leave. Much Love to all of you.

1 comment:

Jenn Jensen said...

Kim,

You are handling all of this with such grace. I'm proud of your faith in action throughout this challenge.

Don't let the CPR, monitors, etc. get you too worked up. The monitors will probably beep and buzz (false alarms) at the least desirable times. But they likely will be false alarms. And, though a G tube/button is not on the gift registry for a new baby, it can be such a blessing for some little ones.

I'm sorry Cameron has had to be out so much. I'm sure it is difficult for him to leave his girls. It's wonderful that your families have been able to help out. Even now, I think my parents consider the extensive (and intense) time they spent here with us to have been a tremendous blessing in their lives.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!" The Lord is helping you to do that even in the most difficult of circumstances. I rejoice along with you in the victories you have had thus far and look forward to seeing where the Lord takes you all from here.

Jenn