Followers

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

BIG news

Today has been the hardest day at the hospital. Poor little Caroline. We had an MRI scheduled and put Caroline under sleepy gas before doing an IV for anesthesia and the pediatric anesthesiologist could not get a vein with Caroline. She was under 45 min and 9 unsuccessful pokes. We had to go thru recovery even though the MRI was never performed. Two hours later we came back to our room and met with a GI doctor - finally. Caroline really has not gained weight and my info about 6.11 was wrong. We only weigh 6.8 our original weight that we checked in at even with a feeding tube. So we are having an upper GI test tomorrow and a G- tube surgery on Thursday at 12 noon. This is the best thing for her. However we will have to come back in 3 months for a follow up surgery with her tube. Cam is in and out this week and will miss her procedure. Carley will be cared for by her Nana and her Mimi. She is doing fairly well - she has been to see me here and eats in the cafeteria with me.
After we gave tylenol to Caroline she went back to the treatment room to try again for a regular IV with a special IV team from the NICU and PICU. However after 4 more pokes and a small haircut they were unsuccessful and we still have no IV. So we will do all tube feeds tonight and rest. Tomorrow she will have one more big poke and hopefully we will be set for surgery. Without an IV there is no means to out her to sleep and wake her up. The MRI is on the back burner and we will come back at a later time after the g- tube is inserted for an out patient MRI.
She is also now on oxygen to help maintain O2 levels during a deep sleep. I slept two hours last night and hope we can sleep better tonight. She is resting and is still holding her own and giving us smiles. I can not believe how strong such a little girl is!!! I wonder what amazing plans God has in store for her and what a privilege to be her mom and care for her. Pray for peace even with not too many answers. Resting in Him. I am grateful for all your prayers and encouraging words.

1 comment:

randommomma said...

Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.
Thou hast bid me gaze upon Thee,
And Thy beauty fills my soul,
For by Thy transforming power,
Thou hast made me whole.

Refrain:

Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art;
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.

O, how great Thy loving kindness,
Vaster, broader than the sea!
O, how marvelous Thy goodness,
Lavished all on me!
Yes, I rest in Thee, Belovèd,
Know what wealth of grace is Thine,
Know Thy certainty of promise,
And have made it mine. [Refrain]

Simply trusting Thee, Lord Jesus,
I behold Thee as Thou art,
And Thy love, so pure, so changeless,
Satisfies my heart;
Satisfies its deepest longings,
Meets, supplies its every need,
Compasseth me round with blessings:
Thine is love indeed! [Refrain]

Ever lift Thy face upon me
As I work and wait for Thee;
Resting ’neath Thy smile, Lord Jesus,
Earth’s dark shadows flee.
Brightness of my Father’s glory,
Sunshine of my Father’s face,
Keep me ever trusting, resting,
Fill me with Thy grace. [Refrain]

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/j/i/jiamrest.htm

Kim:
I just learned this hymn a few months ago but it's my prayer for you! May the words minister to your heart! Please know you, Cam & your precious girls continue to be in my daily thoughts and prayers!
Love you dearly,
Cathy