Followers

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Reduce.Recycle.Redo

So why do I always feel the need for new changes in a NEW YEAR?
I guess it is a good way to welcome in another year in our lives. I guess somethings we have decided to start doing can be viewed as resolutions. I'd like to think of them as permanent changes:
1. We are reducing clutter. We have shredded old papers and reorganized our office files while searching for tax papers! I am also reducing paper memories and clutter in my scrapbook room.
2. We have decided to take small steps to recycling and reducing our amount of trash we create on a daily basis. We are eating more leftovers rather than tossing things. We are also filling up a blue recycle bucket in our laundry room for plastic cartons, glass, and newspaper.
3. Couponing to cut our grocery bill - any comments welcome on this matter. We are starting to read sales and hold onto coupons and date them and following thegrocerygame.com this month. Cameron is really spear heading this and I am all too excited to not be the only grocery shopper in this month of January!
4. Redo ....this hopefully will only take thirty days, but I think more...I need to take pictures of all of this to make it real to you!!!! I am redoing the scrapbook room which is really the art room since I hardly scrapbook right now. I want it to reflect my style and allow me to share it with the girls. It has become a book room for Caroline and an art room for Carley. So I want to paint and redecorate and organize it so we can spend time in their without feeling overwhelmed!
5. And reducing our weight....Cameron, Caroline and I are all eating to lose, while Carley on the other hand just needs to eat something!!!!!
Happy New You!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Great post & great goals! We have been doing a lot of the same...there really is something about a new year, a fresh start, that makes you want to get rid of all kinds of "junk"! We have been sorting through files & love our wood burning fireplace because now we don't have to spend hours with the shredder! We've also been getting more into couponing & using what we have in the freezer/pantry/etc. so that we waste less! I can't wait to see pics of your craft room redo! We need to get moving on our redo of what we were using as a storage room & will soon be Drew's room when the baby arrives!
Blessings to you & much success in your goals!

Aimee@ the Functional Space said...

My Friend! We cut our trash consumption to almost nothing when we started recycling and composting in earnest a few years ago. Brian even built a compost bin out back. It's really nice to have great mulch for the garden too.

Love!