Followers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

ROSY'S

Tonight we ate Mexican at Rosy's with Cameron and girls and our good friends the Masons. it is becoming our regular hang out at least once a month. Caroline does so well eating Mexican food. Carley is pretty intrigued with the people who speak Spanish. She is so funny. I have really enjoyed watching her swim and learn to jump off the diving board. Seeing her confidence and joy while swimming warms my heart. She was once deathly afraid of the water. she also has not enjoyed ballet or soccer. So I am glad she enjoys the water and learning new things.We registered her for Kindergarten today and also got her school supply list. Did you know teachers are now allowed to ask for four packs of crayons. I am buying a year worth of supplies and they are going to cost as much as a backpack or more. Funny thing is I LOVE school supplies every year at this time since I had Carley I look at school supplies and see what I need at home. I have always loved playing school and wonder if that was why I became a teacher.
We also had a pretty productive day. We got Caroline's leg braces and she seems to like them. They are a lot more supportive and I have high hopes that she will walk in the next year or at least take steps. I am finally feeling like we are building more friendships and trying to settle in here. Jacksonville has just been a really hard place to make deep rooted friendships and to feel like home. Is that a real word? But we are looking forward to a great school year and many exciting changes for our little girls!!!!

2 comments:

rebeckaoneal said...

glad the girls are having a great summer...i need to see them soon...we are also starting to feel like Jacksonville is home and I totally relate to making friendships!! :) hope to see you soon and the beautiful girls too!!

Dawn said...

So glad you are doing well :)