Followers

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Birthday Time

Caroline soon will be three years old and I can't believe it. We spent last weekend celebrating with friends and family. She has many things on the horizon for her in the coming months. We are considering ESE special needs school part time next fall as well as our current MMO program at church one day per week. She is still using a few words and signing as well. We are excited about our new videos from Nana, Papa, and Aunt Jenny, and Uncle Stephen .
Tomorrow we will get our new leg braces to aid in standing. She really wants to crawl and can pull up on arms, but not knees. I am hoping in the next six months of therapy and practice at home that this may be a reality for her. She still uses her stander to strengthen her leg muscles and stamina, but is still unable to bear weight on her legs and knees on her own.
In August we will be meeting new therapists for PT and OT and keeping our speech and current PT as we transition into September. Once again God has provided leg braces at no cost to us this time. And we will receive some free therapy in special needs school in addition to private therapy that we will begin to pay co-pays for as of her birthdate.
We are excited about Caroline's opportunities, but I am nervous as her mom to know if they are the right choices for her at this time. I do know the journey is long and I could use any assistance available and want to make use of this without losing my interactions as a stay at home mom and my job and role as her mom and teacher. It is a scary spot to be. Yet I know I am going to need to get in the school system and learn the role of therapists and iep's as we will be living this during the next 18 years with her. Please pray for Cameron and I as we embark on a new chapter with Caroline. I appreciate all the love and support that many friends and family give even when we are not aware. Happy Birthday Sweet Caroline!!!!

No comments: