Followers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

School MEETING

Oh Wow! I seriously do not know how I am supposed to know and learn all these crazy rules and procedures of a special needs school. I have three things to determine and pray about:

1. If Caroline will continue as public school next year or only receive services there.
2. If I can apply and get her moved to Saint John's county so she can have both schools near.
3. And if she may receive language services in our neighborhood school.

I had a meeting yesterday with the speech pathologist, site coordinator, and classroom teacher concerning several things for Caroline. Her IEP goals are not appropriate so they will need to be changed...she is not receiving language services and I want her to be....and I just do not want her at that school until she legally has to be. But I cannot have my cake and eat it too.

If I get her approved for Saint Johns she may could receive therapy at her private school and have an ESE teacher check on her progress, but this is a dream and a shot in the dark....so more frustration and thinking!!!!!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Sounds like a whole lot of information to process & juggle...not to mention all of the emotions tied up in wanting to make the very best decisions for your sweet girl! I will be praying that the Lord guides & directs you in a clear path...remember He is not a God of confusion or strife.