Followers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One of those days

Ever have one of those days where you are running around for everyone else and you stop at night and feel like you just can't go anymore? Well I have to be honest that I do have some days like that. My life is not perfect and I just felt so tired last night. Caroline did some really great work at PT on Monday with holding her head up from a lying position and putting pressure and propping through her arms and chest I was so excited. Carley has good and bad days. She loves her cousin Laura who comes 2-3 times a week for a couple of hours to "play". She is doing swimming lessons this week and next. She said, "We are not going back to the "Y" Mommy."
The first day she screamed , yelled, and kicked the instructors at the pool and cried and pointed to me like why are you not in here with me - it was pitiful, but I was also mortified that my child was the only one. Day two was better - she loves her teacher - MR. Andy. She blew bubbles and got her face wet, jumped to him and went under as a total surprise to us! Then last night she told me ." Mommy I am a girl and I am in the boy group. I am supposed to be in the girls group." Ok- she is right, but they are ability grouped so now what? So we will try again today for success. I want to decorate my blog and fix it like a scrapbook page, but do not seem to have time to figure it all out!!! I also want to take a nap everyday - wonder how I can do that? HA! HA!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Praying for you! Isaac is the same way with the pool. He screams every time I mention swimming lessons :)

thejae said...

You've just described my life, :) with the single exception that my kiddos were all fish. Kudos to you, though, for being a strong Mommy and sticking to your guns, mortified or not. I'm ProudaU! :)

With the boy/girl group thing, maybe tell her that most of the time, boys are stronger swimmers than girls, but that she is strong enough to swim with the boys and keep up with them, so that's why they put her in the better swimmers group. Just a thought.

I've sent you an email about the rest. I love you muchly!! Julie :)

Faith said...

Kim, I am amazed by all that you handle, and you do it with such grace. You are doing a wonderful job with your girls, and they are very blessed to have you! I hope that you are able to get some "you" time, to keep energized and refreshed. And, I hope that Carley's swim lessons go better! I remember that from teaching swim lessons, and hopefully the more she goes she will get more and more comfortable with it.
I hope you have a wonderful day! Love you and praying for you!
P.S. Email me about your blog stuff...I want to help if I can!

Jenny said...

I came across your blog looking for information on dealing with a g-tube.My son is 10 months old and has it for different reasons but as happy as I am for having it to help him overall grow, there is definitely some frustrations. He has had his since he was about 3 weeks old but once we get him taking all nutrition orally we can say goodbye to it. Good luck, at some point it does get easier dealing with the tube.