Followers

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Speech Evaluation

Yesterday Caroline had a speech evaluation with a speech therapist. She was very encouraging to me. She watched Caroline feed from her bottle and checked to see if she had a strong suck on her bottle. She watched Caroline suck her thumb, track with her eyes, respond to sound, and coo. She said all of her language and social and cognitive development is on track for a four month old. She also told me to not let the internet and other children limit what Caroline can do!Caroline doe snot need any feeding or speech therapy at this time. We will re-evaluate in 3 more months. Today Caroline was weighed by her home health nurse weighing in at 8.3oz. I never thought I would be able to type eight pounds. She is so sweet. We went to the mall today and took Carley to build a Rudolph. It was so much fun. Caroline did great and Carley had a blast!!!!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

All you have to do is spend a little time with that sweet baby and know there is nothing wrong with her brain! She may look a little small, but she is so smart. The internet can help at times, and scare us at others. Use it to gain encouragement when you need it, and forget the rest. I am so proud of you Kim!
Love, Sherri

Kelly said...

I am so glad I get to see you all next week! I am glad you sound so positive (still!) and glad Caroline is doing so well. It seems that there is more good news than bad with that precious baby, she keeps surprising us. Such a strong little girl already. I wish I could have gone to the mall with you all today! Sure would beat teaching!
Love,
Kelly