Followers

Friday, July 8, 2011

Caroline is back to school.....

We seem to have been a bit more busy than the school year. I think we have been to the pool once a week and a play date with friends once a week. Carley has been taking art classes daily for three weeks. She absolutely loves them. There is a lot of planning and painting and sculpting going on. Our sweet friends also have a pool in their back yard and we have been there alot.
It is cloudy and rainy here, but we have a day planned to dress like cows and go to Chick - fil - a.
Caroline went to summer school this week and seems to be happy. This has allowed me to grocery shop and go to the dentist and spend a little time with Carley too!
Caroline plays outside, paints, plays inside the sensory room and takes a nap. I pick her up around 2:30pm. Cam has been kind enough to drop her off so we all do not have to be ready!!!!
we have an orthopedic appt coming up next Monday and a birthday next Tuesday!
Caroline is working on standing and sitting and really starting to bear weight more on her legs. She is getting therapy at school as well as private PT twice a month.
we are not having a big party this year and have hopes of starting a special needs trust for her which will allow Caroline to have the best possible care in the future if she outruns us! It is a high start up cost and we are using birthday party money toward her fund. Please be in prayer for our SSI approval. We were denied once and I have researched more information and am going to apply four times in a row and then higher a lawyer to see about obtaining financial benefits for medical care and costs for Caroline. It is a long process and quite tedious on my part.
We have hopes of ordering a device that will help her crawl which runs $550.00 and she is no where near potty trained so we constantly need diapers. She also takes two meds that run 55.00 a month. We will also need to get a wheelchair in the next two years that can be 2-3,000. I never thought she was expensive, but SSI would cetrtaintly allow us to help her more and maybe add more private therapy. I would love a date night once a week as Cam's job and Caroline's condition often can take a toll on everyday life as tasks become burdensome and cumbersome as she does not walk. Please pray for my daily strength and care I give to my girls. I want to portray Christ's love and actions even on the weary days.Just wanted to update family and friends on our ideas and goals for Caroline in the coming days.

3 comments:

Rebecca Lynn said...

You know... If you ever needed a baby sitter--- I wouldn't mind coming down for the weekend! =] Yesss.. Your favorite little cousin just found you! I miss you all. Give everyone a hug for me, and the girls a kiss for me! Love ya'll! =]

Kim said...

That would be so much fun for the girls....and you would have to bring Landon too!!! Did you know Denise and I have been hanging out some since your shower? we live close to each other about ten miles.

Rebecca Lynn said...

=] Yessss! I'm so glad that you two have been seeing more of eachother. I thought you both knew that your families lived there in the (same) city. Well I better get back to work!! =/